Some days

Some days, I take for granted my job.  I get up, I get ready, I work 8:30-4:30 (or around there, most days longer) and I just do the normal routine.  Today as I was opening mail, one of my daily tasks, something just hit me.  We have a program where I work that women (and men, at the men's building) go through to change their lives, find Jesus (if that haven't or go back to him) and it was one of those things that I just assumed worked.

One of the ladies was down in the front office today, said hello to me and asked me if I was looking forward to fall.  When I first met this lady she was out in far left field and I could hardly hold a conversation without her dazing off on me.  After she left the front office area, I realized that she had initiated a conversation and was engaging. I got chills inside thinking of the visible change I have seen in her.  That made me realize that I shouldn't take my job for granted and just go on with the day to day.  No, I don't make the most money, and I "donate" a lot of my time, but what I am doing is helping to run an organization that is changing lives.  This isn't just a job, it is a ministry. And that is enough for me today.  It was definitely food for the soul.

The next time that you are getting down about your job and everything that goes on.  Stop, look around and see whose life you might be impacting in some way.  When you realize that you are in fact impacting some one's life, your view will change.

I'm grateful for the job I have and what it is teaching me, especially in my walk with the Lord.

1 comments:

hgnewton2143@gmail.com said...
September 23, 2010 at 7:43 AM

This is such an encouraging post! Know that you are so appreciated and that the Lord uses you everyday to minister to the women at the Shelter!!

Leave a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top learning to live.laugh.love.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.